I have a serious problem. Like actually. WHY DO I KEEP DOING THIS TO MYSELF.
Helolo!!! (idk what that greeting was)
As you can probably tell from the title of this blog post I am facing a major, controversial, brain wrecking (is that even a word) issue. I start too many books.
And ya I know you’re probably thinking, Oh that’s your major, controversial, brain wrecking problem Anna! You just start a few books at once. So what? That’s what I thought, too, in the beginning. But nooooo. This is much worse than “starting a few books at once”.
You see, I start like 5 books at once on a pretty regular basis and this leads too:
- Me mixing up characters. I’ll be in the middle of Divergent thinking, “Oh gosh, where did Harry go?”
- Me mixing up plots. Again, in the middle of Divergent thinking, “I MISS FREDDDD!”
- Me mixing up practically everything in these books. In the middle of Divergent– wait actually, I think you get the idea =)
- People being extremely confused by my GoodReads account (I update my GoodReads account pretty regularly so my friends and teachers get pretty confused and bewildered about what I’m reading….)
- Me being extremely confused by my GoodReads account (I’m generally a relatively confused person. I did not need this irrational habit on me, too.)
- Having to figure out which book to continue reading. Every. Single. Time. I just want to pull out a book and read. But no. The universe shall not allow that.
I can assure you that I have tried to stop this problem. The problem is that it’s not that simple. I usually bring this catastrophe upon myself because of two things:
a) I get bored with a book. Thing is, I’m the type of person who rarely quits a book in the middle. I will manage to find away to keep reading, and usually that ends up because of lack of choices. When I’m all out of books, I’ll come back to the one I initially neglected and once I finish that book, I have usually enjoyed it. But this process includes starting a lot of other books along the way to stall time until I get back to the first book I started. I guess I’m realizing that I just start procrastinating about that book until I finally have no choice but to read it.
b) I’m too excited. I’ll have brought home a lot of really good books I’ve been anticipating and hoping to read for a while, and my brain can’t figure out which book to start with. It must go into a weird auto-pilot mode or something which would be fine if my brain’s way of dealing with this was choosing through alphabetical order or doing eenie meenie minee moe. Unfortunately though, my brain decides to just start all the books at once. Because that is clearly the most logical solution to my brain’s little tiny panic attack.
Anyways I hope I’m not the only person that this happens to and that we can all combine forces and scream at our brain’s auto-pilot for making extremely irrational choices! =)
—————————————————————————————————————————————–Meme of Da Day: