Millions of cringy/awkward/embarrassing moments are coming back at me right now 😂😂😂 I’d kept them buried in a dark and lonely corner of my brain but here we are, unboxing them for the world to see 😂😂😂
Hello, Internet Wanderers!
It’s currently July 11, 2017 and I just thought of SO MANY blog post ideas. This would be amazing, except we’re actually leaving for vacation tomorrow and won’t have wifi. Great timing, me! So, I’ve decided to
finally be a responsible person and schedule these ahead of time! Here are some awkward moments that only moving kids will experience!
- Liking someone in the 1st week of school, than regretting it when you actually get to know them and realize what a jerk they are.
- Having to stand up and introduce yourself, in all 8 of your classes cuz we’re on a freakin’ block schedule now aren’t we.
- When everyone else is laughing over something that happened to their class a year or 2 ago and you just have to sit there like oookkkaayyyyyyy…..
- When the teacher’s like, “You guys learnt this in 2nd grade, I know cause I taught 2nd grade here” and you just have to sit there like nope. Never learnt this in any grade.
- When you text your old friends around a year after moving and they reply saying you’ve got the wrong number because they forget that you eVeN EXiST. (This just got real deep, real fast 😂😂😂)
- The “oh look it’s the new kid” whispers as you walk down a hallway. Like, excuse me, I’m literally a foot away from you.😂 Just because I’m new doesn’t mean I’m deaf. 😂😂😂
- When your old friends think you’re miserable at your new school and you have to break it to them that you’re actually having a wonderful time.
- Especially if you’re an expat kid, when people ask where you’re from and you have to contemplate between giving them the name of a country or the long list of cities. Like do you want the short version or the long version. *cues music* *dramatically unrolls long scroll* 😂😂😂
- When you’ve got to keep bugging your old friends to tell you about the drama happening in your old school.
- When people start calling you at around 3 am in the morning
- When your phone bills are super expensive cause international calls and all.
- When your old best friend is suddenly best friends with that one person you both used to HATE and you’ve just got to sit there and pretend nothing at all is off.
And that’s it for today! I hope this was relatable to any of you guys who have moved!
Meme of the Day: